Last week we spent all of our time up at the church preparing for and participating in the 2009 AMBC Sports Camp!! As you know, I spend alot of my time planning events but I must say that of them all, sports camp is my favorite! This was my 6th year to run a Worthy of the Prize Sports Camp and I continue to love it just as much as I did the 1st year!!
The campers pay only $10 for 4 days of camp! Every camper learns basic skills in volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer and cheerleading, while having alot of FUN and also learning about Jesus! What could be better than that! Plus, they get to enjoy an Ice Cream Social with their friends and family members the last of night of camp, they get to take home a t-shirt and a backpack and are invited back to church on Sunday for a special sports camp presentation. This year they were lucky enough to hear Rodney Vincent (head football coach at Vista Ridge High School) speak on family night and they also got to hear Danny Brooks (gospel-blues artist who will be performing at the ACL Festival in October) perform Sunday morning!!
All in all, it was a great week...we averaged 75 campers each night and had a total of just under 100 different campers come throughout the week! We had 7 families who want to learn more about the church and 6 people who want to know more about a relationship with Christ as a result of the week! Praise God!!
Our whole family participated in some way. I coordinated it, Aaron was an assistant baseball coach and the boys took part in a 'mini' sports camp of their own in the preschool wing, while the bigs kids and their parents took part in the big sports camp! What a great week, we look foward to next year already! Obviously, we are all worn out and glad to return to normalcy this week!
I am in spring-cleaning mode (even though it is the hottest summer ever)! I am going through the house room by room, cleaning out and organizing all closets, drawers, cabinets, etc. as well as scrubbing the place down! Today we went to story-time as usual and tomorrow we are headed to the SA Zoo with friends so I am sure that you will hear from me again soon!
Here is the sports camp highlight video:
Small Town
3 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment