This weekend I drove to Fort Worth and back, all by myself, so that I could visit friends and family, see my favorite volleyball team play (Go Warriors!), as well as get some things accomplished for Worthy of the Prize. As always, it was a good trip and the drive time gave me lots of time to think, dream, praise God, etc. If you know me at all, you know that I am a daydreamer, so I of course LOVED the long road trip alone, even though most of you may think I am crazy....if not for the driving by myself, then for leaving my 2 yr old and 4 month old alone with my husband for 2 days!
I listened to the Laura Story cd, 'Great God Who Saves,' all the way there and back. It is a new favorite and I tend to do these kind of things, it is part of my passionate, extreme personality. When something speaks to me, I listen! One time I listened to the same SONG (not cd) all the way from Arlington to Waco, and back. I think I was with my dad...need I say more!
All this to say, I would like to share the choruses of 2 Laura Story songs with you, they are as follows:
'Mighty to Save'
Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
'Great God Who Saves'
I would have despaired
If I had not believed
That you would come to me
Great God who saves
In my darkest hour
Your mercy and your power
Are reaching out to me
Great God who saves
Wow! Talk about powerful words. Every time I hear that phrase, "He can move the mountains," I am filled with great hope! If Jesus can move the mountains, then there is nothing He cannot do, no one He cannot save! Whatever is keeping you from Him, it is my prayer that He would move that mountain in your life!
I am pleasantly reminded of Psalm 40, which is in my opinion one of the most comforting passages in all of scripture. It says this, "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."
Praise God for His overwhelming grace! Not only does He give us the gift of salvation, offered freely to those who put their trust in Christ, but He also promises to lift us out of the pit. He does not say we need to get our life together and then come to Him. Instead, all we have to do is cry out to Him. He will change our life!
Small Town
3 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment