A & E News

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him! Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st Day of School

Today was Anderson's very 1st day of preschool! He will be going every Tuesday & Thursday from 9am-2pm. Everyone keeps telling me that I am supposed to be sad about this major life event but I am actually excited! One, because Anderson will LOVE preschool and two, because it gives Mommy a break!
When I dropped him off this morning, he was a little clingy and unsure and cried for a second upon my departure, however, 2 seconds later he was sitting in Miss Emily's lap, calmly looking around and checking it all out. For those of you who know Anderson, you know that it takes him a little while to warm-up to new things, but once he does, watch out...he is full speed ahead! He actually took it well compared to all of the other kids who were screaming and crying long after their parents had left. After the new parent meeting was over, I peeked back in his classroom to see him studying a big piece of chalk with that inquisitive look of his that we all know and love, while the other kids were busy drawing with their chalk, crying, running around, etc. At that moment I knew he would be fine without me...so I headed home!
I must say it was a strangely quiet day around the house with him being gone...so that will take some getting used to, but it will give me an opportunity to actually get some things done around the house! Upon picking him up, I learned that he had been Miss Emily's buddy all day long! He followed her around the whole day, holding onto her and talking her ear off I am sure! She said he is her favorite already, so sweet and cute! That's my boy! They don't tell all the parents that, right?!? Some of the activities he participated in...drawing, playing on the playground, eating lunch, and napping! We'll see how he does Thursday...so far so good!

No comments: