
I meant that I WILL, til the end of all time, be faithful and true, if only to you, that's what I had in mind, when I said I DO.
Aaron and I had the privilege of attending Family Life's Weekend to Remember Marriage Conference last weekend at the Westin La Cantera Resort in San Antonio, and it was WONDERFUL!! We recommend that any couple, at any stage, attend. It was so nice to get away together for the weekend, stay at a nice resort, reconnect, redo our vows and remember why we fell in love with one another in the 1st place!
On that note, this past Sunday our SS teacher gave us some good marriage reminder questions to think about...it has been on his heart because divorce, unfortunately, has become so prevalent these days...
1. Do you know your spouse's biggest hopes and dreams?
2. Do you fully understand how they prefer to receive (and display) love? When did you tell them last that you loved them in that manner?
3. If your spouse claims that you hurt their feelings, even though you don't understand how, have you displayed your sincere regret, explained you are sorry, and made an effort to not repeat?
This week, I challenge you to find out the answers to these questions and discuss them with your spouse.
We took away many truths from the marriage conference, but one that sticks out in my mind is that our spouse is not our enemy but a gift from God.
So as you celebrate Thanksgiving together with your loved ones this week, remember to praise and thank God for His MANY blessings, including the gift of your spouse. Confess to Him the times that you have taken this gift for granted and ask Him to help you not to do that again in the future.
Happy Thanksgiving!











No comments:
Post a Comment