A & E News

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him! Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Little Horned Frog


Today was Anderson's 1st official day in AWANA! It was school spirit night so he wore his TCU football jersey...it was very cute, he looked like a little athlete. I remember when he 1st got that little jersey, it swallowed him, and now it barely fits! He did very well and got a sticker for saying his verse. He also had fun playing games in the gym. It was parent night too but I chose not to go because when I am around, he clings to me. So I just peeked in through the windows of the gym while he was playing in there. It was so funny watching him run around without a clue as to what was going on. He would just watch the other kids and follow along, in his own world half the time. Aaron and I were bursting with laughter! Can you say flashback to my childhood?!!? He is such a good kid...so smart, listens well, does what he is supposed to and of course, bosses the other kids around like he does EJ all day long! Everything has to be done perfectly and he lets the other kids know when they are not doing it right! No one told us these things, rather they were seen by our own eyes through the glass doors of the gym!

Today was his 2nd day of preschool and he did well, although dropping him off was not nearly as easy, this time he screamed and cried but was fine as soon as I left, according to his teachers. The 2nd day is always worse for him because he realizes it was not a one-time thing but something new. Plus, he has had a lot of changes going on lately, which is hard for any kid but especially my 'slow to warm-up' child. Once he adjusts, he will love it! This 3 day in a row thing is new too so this morning he said, "no not today, I will go tomorrow" because he is used to T/TH. He did that when he changed SS classes as well. 1st day was wonderful and 2nd time he said "no I already went to that new class" thinking it was a one-time thing. Seriously, does promotion Sunday have to be the same week that preschool starts?!!? We went through this last year too! It takes him weeks to adjust to one change, but it is way worse when everything familiar changes all in the same week! It should be much easier the second-time around with EJ, he is my 'easy-going' child, at least as far as warming up to change, new people and new surroundings.

When we picked Anderson up from preschool today, he told his teachers, "this is my brother EJ." He was so proud! He gave him his little squirrel again too. His teachers said "he really loves his little brother, talks about him all day long." So sweet! He probably talks their ears off all day long about anything and everything, like he does mine at home. He even talks to himself and his toys. Can't imagine where he gets this stuff from!! EJ just laughs at whatever Anderson does or says, thinks he is the funniest thing in the world, which of course my little entertainer loves!

Well, tomorrow begins 'Stroller Mamas' and will be the 3rd day of preschool so I am sure that I will have something interesting to report! Until then, I am exhausted and need to get in bed!

No comments: