Well, we made it through our New Year's celebration...barely! Aaron has been sicky so he has pretty much been in bed for the last 2 days! We never did get things organized or our Christmas decorations put away but He did make it out of bed long enough for us to make it to our New Year's Eve party, where we enjoyed eating good food (too much!), fellowshipping with great friends, and playing Mexican Train and Wii, among other games! Thankfully the boys cooperated and went to sleep early at the party house so that we could stay up and enjoy the party. As soon as midnight hit, we toasted our sparkling cider, kissed and loaded up the car to go home...Aaron was wiped out and I am OLD now...you know, now that I have passed the 30 mark! Today we laid around the house watching TV. We watched everything from the Rose Parade, football bowl games, as well as What I Like About You and Friends Marathons! We never did watch any movies...too many other good things to watch on TV! Anderson also watched some of his own stuff on his TV...like Thomas, Bob the Builder, Baby Einstein, the Little Mermaid, etc! He likes to start up his own videos and then he is on the go while the video plays in the background...after awhile he gets bored and changes the video! His new favorite phrase is "Wanna do it myself" or "Wanna help myself!" Such a test of my patience...
So now that the celebrating is over, it is time for the resolutions...ok, I don't actually do resolutions because I would never stick to them...but here is a list of 9 things I plan to do more of in 2009:
1. Watch the Today Show (my new favorite TV show!) Along with that, watch more TCU Football and other TCU sports since I have missed so much in 2008 (Way to go 2008 Poinsettia Bowl Champions!) Don't want to neglect my Frogs!
2. Remodel the house as we get the time and money and do a better job of keeping up with the daily housekeeping!
3. Play Wii Fit (one of my favorite new Christmas gifts...to help me get in shape while the boys take naps!) and Increase Fit Camp difficulty (goal is to lose 20 more lbs and 2 more sizes!) Along with this is continuing my quest for eating healthy (less red meat, less fried food, less sweets, more fruits and veggies, less eating out, smaller portions, not eating late at night, less cokes, more water, etc) We've got to get back into the habit of cooking and eating at home...and for that matter, back into a daily routine of any kind...we have gotten out of the habit over the holidays!
4. Enjoy movie night with my hubby once a week (after the boys go to bed!)...since it is impossible to do date night once a week, this will give us more quality time together
5. Do more things that are unique to Austin and the Hill Country...there are so many fun things to do here...so as the boys get older, we can do more and more things together
6. Start a skincare regimen...I figure now that I am 30 I should start taking care of my skin...don't wanna start looking my age!...anything I do will be more than I have ever done, which is basically nothing besides the occasional wash and the even more rare moisturizer
7. Spend more time alone with God as well as more time to myself (which will include doing some reading, something I LOVE but NEVER get to do!)...when you are a 'stay at home' mom with 2 kids, it is hard to find any time alone...I told Aaron that for my next birthday, I just want some time to myself...I think I will rent a hotel room down the street and just get away...he just laughed at me as usual (He loves the drama that goes along with being married to me!)
8. Spend more time writing...I have SO many ideas and thoughts in my head...I need to write them down and clear some space in there! They have been building up over the years! And along with this, I plan to tell more people about Jesus...not just through my writing but through any opportunity that God gives me!
9. Practice patience...not my best quality, slow down, focus more on my boys and try not be be so stressed!
In closing, here is a song to help motivate us to stick to our 'resolutions' and start off the New Year on the right foot! It is called Hope Now, by Addison Road. Enjoy!
Small Town
3 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment